It should be noted that I don’t believe in writer’s block. I do, however, suffer from writer’s avoidance. Here are several sure signs of the affliction:
1. I do massive amounts of laundry. This isn’t so bad since I’m sure my family generates more laundry than the rest of the free world.
2. I clean the refrigerator. There’s no mistaking this one. Why else on God’s green earth would I want to do that? Ick!
3. I suddenly think watching the whole first season of Medium is a good idea. Of course, I’m in love with Joe Dubois. Or is that Jake Weber? Or is it Joe Dubois? Heck! It’s just a good thing all around…unless I need to write.
4. I am the chattiest email buddy in the world. So tell me to shut up and get back to work, wouldja?
5. I decide my dog needs a walk…even if there’s a blizzard.
Right now I have 4 out of 5 avoidance measures in action. I’d have a perfect 5 if not for unseasonable warm weather…
Children: Both still living despite their best efforts. Homework avoidance a 7 on the standard 1-10 scale. Parent torture, AKA conferences, at the end of the week. Life sentences of no video games may ensue.
Loads of laundry: 8
Words Written: 1,200