One of my favorite lines from Princess Bride is: There is too much; let me sum up.
That’s the spirit of today’s post. There’s a lot in here: 2012 Goals, two giveaways, an interview, some news…
First up: the goals. I thought about this yesterday, and I figured I’d go ahead and pop them up here. I’ve known for a awhile that 2012 would be busy book-wise for me, but I don’t want that to be my life. So I thought about that too. I don’t do resolutions (no one keeps those anyway) but I do have specific things, publishing and not, that I plan to do this year.
1. Write every day. You’d think this was a given, but no, it’s not. Lately, because of life and the day job, I’ve tended to write in bursts. This is actually pretty stressful, so for my peace of mind, I’ll write every day like I used to once upon a time.
2. Keep losing weight. I’m super slow about this. Maybe in five years I’ll make it to my goal, but a little at a time is good for me.
3. Blog more. Seriously, I like to blog. I need to be better about getting it into my schedule!
4. Take time for little indulgences.
5. Take opportunities to spend more time with the family — all of them, not just the ones with whom I live. I saw a bunch of my extended family members over the holidays and it reminded me of how much I miss them.
6. Spend more time at the Y and doing yoga. I love water aerobics at the Y and I love doing yoga, but I’ve been a lazy slacker lately. Back on track. Brynn!!
7. Keep cooking home-cooked meals my family adores. This became a 2011 mid-year goal. I’m sick of fast food, eating out and the same old-same old standbys. I’ve spent considerable time finding yummy recipes and learning to cook new things. The family loves it and it’s been healthier too!
8. Organize all my storage spaces. I want to do this ASAP. My house is pretty orderly, but all my cupboards, closets and other storage spaces can use a really good purge and reorganizing.
So aside from goals, what does 2012 hold for me? At the moment, I have 14 books scheduled (see…I told you I had a busy year ahead, lol). My oldest son is graduating from high school and starting college. My husband and I will celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. I’ll be attending several writing conferences (RT, AAD, Romanticon) and taking a few trips (Gencon, Alaska and maybe this will be the year I get to go to Times Square for New Years). It’s going to be a big, busy year. I’m looking forward to it!
And now… the giveaways:
First, one that isn’t mine. I was emailed by the fantastic Beth Fantaskey about her new YA book, Jessica Rules the Dark Side. It releases Jan. 10. Those of you who’ve been around awhile might remember that I featured the book Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Dark Side on my blog in 2011. I loved the book and I’m looking forward to the new one. As part of the promotion, her publisher is giving away electronic copies of the first book until Jan 6. Here’s the LINK. The download now button will take you to a place where you can get the various versions, including Kindle and Nook. Also, Beth has a free read on her site. It’s a short story that goes between the two books. It’s not imperative to read it before the 2nd book, but it’s fun. Here’s that LINK. If you read young adult, I’d highly recommend Jessica’s Guide.
Second: All of the Phases authors have been interviewed by Guilty Indulgence. Lots of fun questions with snappy answers. Check it out. As part of the interview, one lucky commenter will win all 12 of the Phases books! The contest ends Jan. 7.
And finally, the news: Sybil Disobedience will be out this month on the 18th. The expanded re-release of Stealing the Bride will be out February 1st. I’m hoping to have news for you on Finding Francesca within the next two-three weeks. Here are a couple covers (!!!):